Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Assholes Don't Just Drive Cars



Back in 2011 during the Thanksgiving holiday, we took a trip to Orlando to have a Disney family vacation.  For those of you who read my recent Father’s Day post, you’ll remember I said I hadn’t seen my father for three years before his visit because of limited resources of time and money.  A Disney trip would seem to belie that claim, but this was a once in a lifetime opportunity with my Mom, who paid for our accommodations.  The trip was still very expensive and used almost every cent of our free cash, but G-Bug was 13 years old and had never been to a Disney property; at least not with me and I wasn’t going to miss out on the chance.   We had a really fun time, created a lot of great memories, and took lots of pictures, but I really want to make a ventry about the tool shed I saw on our flight home.


Say ‘hello’ to Mr. Stephen Baker, an obnoxious, self-absorbed douche nozzle totally indifferent to the comfort of those around him, a testimonial you won’t read on his campaign Web site for a judgeship in 2010.  I want to clarify, this is just my opinion as Mr. Baker is an attorney and I don’t want to be sued.  What I detail below are the facts as I witnessed them while on the airplane.

Mr. Baker was traveling with his family who were seated in the row in front of him.  G-Bug and I had seats in the row behind him on either side of the aisle, so he was sitting in front of her and diagonally opposite me.  During the boarding process, Mr. Baker was speaking animatedly on his cell phone and continued to do so after the airplane doors were closed.  I was moderately perturbed when he did not power off his electronic device, as per the flight attendant’s instructions.  After what I thought was his last call, he leaned forward to his wife, sitting in the middle seat, and said something to the effect of “we’re losing money while on this flight.  Like, literally thousands of dollars!”  (Greed)

The plane taxied into line and seconds before takeoff, his cell phone rang and he answered it.  Mr. Baker told his caller he had thirty seconds before his plane took off, so he should make it quick.  That didn’t stop him from asking a couple follow-up questions as the plane roared forward.  He provided his cell phone number (a 612 area code) before ending the call just as the front wheels left the ground.

Without having his phone to distract him, Mr. Baker engaged in horseplay with his son, reaching around the seat and tickling him – repeatedly and through much of the flight.  His wife got annoyed with him a couple times and demanded he stop, but he ignored her without comment.  The horseplay continued after beverage and snack service and became so rowdy his son spilled Mr. Baker’s can of Diet Coke in his lap.  Take that, asswipe!

After he cleaned up the spill, he started ticking his son again.  As a defense, his son got out of his seat and folded the lower half of his body under the seat in front of him.  His jolts and spasms disturbed the woman in that seat.  She eventually lost her patience, looked over her shoulder and threw an annoyed request to no one in particular to have “him stop kicking my seat.”  The boy sat back in his chair, and Mr. Baker continued tickling him.

The flight ended uneventfully, although Mr. Baker never re-fastened his seat belt for landing after returning to his seat at some point during the flight.  I was half hoping for a rough landing so that his face would be smashed squarely into his upright and locked tray table.  Once we touched down, Mr. Baker powered on his cell phone to listen to his messages.  He called someone back and had a lengthy conversion.  This is when he revealed his old judgeship campaign Web site and I made a mental note of it.

Sometime after returning home, I looked up the Web page.  His ‘hair’ in the pictures he posted two years ago looked exactly as it did on his recent trip to Florida.  Hair that bad had to be a piece.  If he wears it because he is a cancer sufferer/survivor, more power to him, but it looked bad; otherwise it’s just vanity (Pride).  One of the pictures is of him and his wife, who are wearing name tags.  Her name is Nina and here is her picture:


 This is a mug shot, not a glamour shot, found after some additional cyber-stalking:


Seems our attorney has a difficult time playing with others; so we can add Wrath to his list of deadly sins.  It gets better:

A Lakeville attorney and former judicial candidate -- known for his volunteer work to prevent domestic abuse -- and his wife have been charged with domestic assault of each other.


In what sin does hypocrisy belong?  Turns out Mr. Baker married a woman 16 years his junior.  I suppose you could classify this as Lust, but my Dad remarried a woman 14 years younger than he is, so I shouldn’t judge.  Unless I make 15 years the cutoff, which I will.  

At any rate, I hope the Bakers had a nice Christmas and New Year's for 2011 and 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment