Monday, November 7, 2011

Asshole Driver 002


It was at this intersection a few blocks east of downtown Minneapolis that I had a run-in with an asshole driver that made me think of having a bunch of photo copies of the bubble blowing toy in my glove comparment to put on careless drivers' windshields.

As you can see by the sign I circled, the right hand lane is for going through the intersection or turning right.  The left lane is to make a left turn.  On the day in question, I was behind a car in the right lane.  There was an SUV with Kansas plates in the left lane.  I had a feeling the Kansas driver was going to go straight when the light turned green, and I was correct.  I didn't take offense as I have made the same mistake, and at this very light.

What really pissed me off, was the red, late 90's Jeep Cherokee that sped past both me and the car in front of me in the left lane, traveled 20 yards in the left turn lane of THE ONCOMING TRAFFIC (no cars were coming at the time), and dodged in front of the car in front of me.

The Jeep was able to make it through the next light at Hennepin Avenue and I thought I missed my opportunity to glare menacingly at the driver.  When the light changed in my favor, I turned into some slow traffic on the Hennepin Avenue bridge.  As I made my slow progress to the 'Nordeast' section of Minneapolis, I saw the red Jeep in the far left lane.  Unfortunately, I was in the far right lane with a third lane in between.  I kept the Jeep in sight as we crawled a couple blocks.  Then he turned into the parking lot of Surdyk's, a gourmet wine, beer, and cheese store.  If I had my printed pictures handy, I could have gone around the block and put one under his windshield.

You won this round, red Jeep Cherokee asshole!

No comments:

Post a Comment