Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Happy New Year!



I’m back in the saddle again and hope to stay on it for more than the full eight seconds.  I've mentioned before, I haven’t had the greatest history in keeping at creative projects.  I had started a “365 Pictures in 365 Days” album on Facebook and got to about the third week of August before letting it die on the vine.
The picture above is just a sampling of how I rang in the New Year.  Those aren’t naked snow angels, but they’re close.  I was wearing my Batman boxer briefs, a plastic tiara, and a smile while making them.  I have video, too, but don’t worry; G-Bug shot the video, so there’s nothing weird.
I have a lot of material to update via blog posts, including my first ever 200-game in bowling; a holiday trip to Disney World; and . . . well, I guess that’s about it.  I created a Twitter account @Greybeardblog, which I hope will increase my readership and keep me motivated.  LinkedIn now allows people to add their Twitter accounts to their profiles, but I don’t think any future, potential employers will be much impressed by my list of favorite fart tweets.
I have to say, I’m really looking forward to having a good 2012.  The last 12 months have been a series of tragedies both large and small, ranging from the passing of former in-laws to the debacle that was the Red Sox 2011 season.  I really was not feeling the holiday spirit as the year wound down, but at least my Scrooginess got us a 33% discount on a Christmas tree (funny story).
So, here’s to new beginnings and well wishes to everyone for a wondrous and joyful 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment