Friday, April 12, 2013

I Should Have Sat Down



This image may look like I’m trying to frame the picture correctly on my iPhone, but the truth of the matter is, I needed to position my head like this to fit into the airplane lavatory.  My shoulder is actually butt up against the angled wall at the back of the space.  I could not turn to face the toilet while standing up.  I had to position myself by putting my knees against either side of the toilet in a way that must have been reminiscent of POW’s stuck in tiger cages in Vietnam.

As I relieve myself, I notice the stream doesn’t have the flow or direction that correlates to the sensation of volume I’m feeling.  I look down and confirm I’m having a Top-Bottom dual stream effect and the lower one is hitting the front of the toilet seat and my shoes.  I do a Kegel pinch & push to get a single stream to complete the task.  I zip up and make an assessment of the damage.

I have a small spray pattern on my pants, but nothing noticeable.  What was noticeable was the puddle of piss between my shoes, and I don’t think all of it was mine.  When I boarded the plane, there was an unmistakable smell of urine.  I put the seat down to sit and throw wads of toilet paper on the puddle.  I use my feet to mop up the piss and grab another bunch of paper to pick up the wad and throw it in the toilet.  A quick dab of hand sanitizer completes the clean-up.  When I get back to my seat, I can see more spray pattern on my shoes.  Next time, although it isn’t manly, I’m just going to sit down, or maybe hold it until the plane lands.

No comments:

Post a Comment