Sunday, January 11, 2015

365 Pix in 365 Days for 2015: Images 005 through 011

The coldest weather of the winter descended on Minnesota, coming from the most likely of sources - Canada. The mornings started below zero with wind chills making the air feel somewhere between -25 and -30 degrees.  The upper Midwest wasn't the only area of the country affected, as I read Facebook posts from friends on the East Coast lamenting similar wind chills in New England and two inches of snow falling in Washington, DC, which put the entire area in lock down something fierce.

Having gone toe to toe with the Polar Vortex previously, I have a few survival tips for those who aren't used to such bitter cold.  1.) Invest in a couple pairs of thick, cotton socks; 2.) Under Armor makes for a great first layer when getting dressed; 3.) Keep you head and ears covered; and 4.) The first 20 degree day after the cold snap will feel like a hug. Enjoy it!

Here are the pictures for this week.


Image 005:  01-05-2015
In spite of the bitter cold, you can still see some remarkable sun
rises.  This one is over Beaver Lake near the house.



















Image 006:  01-06-2015
I think this is binary code for "weather sucks!"

























Image 007:  01-07-2015
About 18 years ago, after I first moved to Minnesota, I attended
a christening at this church for the son of the friend of the woman
who would eventually become my ex-wife.

























Image 008:  01-08-2015
One of the new Green Line Light Rail stops in downtown St.Paul.
























Image 009:  01-09-2015
Scene of downtown Minneapolis taken from the I-35W on ramp
off of Highway 55.


















Image 010:  01-10-2015
Another successfully completed shoveling effort. I think this
is the sixth time since November.




















Image 011:  01-11-2015
My "man corner" where I plan to do much of my
blogging.  We don't have enough space for a "man cave."

No comments:

Post a Comment