Thursday, October 13, 2011

Asshole Driver 001


This is a picture of an inappropriate bubble blower I saw in Las Vegas, but I had an idea to put the image to good use.  I'm going to print about a dozen of these and keep them in my glove compartment.  Every insensitive jerk who has parked across two spaces or whips past me to take a spot in a parking lot will get one of these tucked under his windshield wiper.

What made me think of this was a run-in I had with an asshole driver, who, surprisingly, was not sporting a Wisconsin license plate.  I had turned onto the street pictured below and was heading toward the highway.


As you can see, the street is a simple two lane road, the area by the curbs designated for parking.  On the right side of the picture, there are some warehouses and the curb sides are used to unload flatbeds.  There were no trucks or cars parked on that day I can tell you!

I looked into my rear view mirror and saw a cherry red blur whip out of sight.  Fortunately, I was able to get a second look as a mini-van sped past me - on my right!  It was like he was using the shoulder to pass me on a highway.  My shock lasted mere moments as I laid into my horn and flipped the offender the bird through the windshield.


The disrespect didn't end there.  The driver threw his arm out the window and gave me the "okay" sign with his hand, which also is the American Sign Language sign for "asshole."  Perhaps I was too sensitive, but he followed that sign with a middle finger of his own.  I sped up to get a good look at the driver, so I could have a face to assign to my rage.  The driver continued his aggressive driving past two bikers and around some traffic cones.  We arrived at the first stoplight at the edge of the U of M campus.  I could have pulled up next to him and asked where the fire was, but I worry about who might be packin' - and I figured a tool bag like this could very well be armed.

At the next intersection by the main entrance to the U, the driver took a left turn. I continued going straight, but again honked loudly and this time stuck my arm out the window to make sure the guy could see my middle finger.  At least I had the last "word."

Now, it would be extreme to follow this guy home so as to put an "asshole" picture on his windshield, but I would love to have had the chance to do so.  Next time, I will be more prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment