Sunday, March 9, 2014

Have A Seat, Bruce Wayne. I've Got This.


In case people haven't been aware, we've had just an awful winter here in Minnesota; a year when "the Polar Vortex" was forced into the American lexicon. The weather has forced any sane living organism to stay indoors, but the downside to that defensive ploy is the onset of cabin fever.  Television, internet, and food are decent enough distractions for the Wife and I, but our furry children, Jack and Jill, require more active pursuits. Every trip outside to go potty is another temptation to heed the call of the wild.

One morning, the call was too strong, and Jack and Jill went rogue.  Fortunately, we don't live on a very busy street, and "the kids" were easily distracted and slowed by the frequent scents left by other dogs.  I had time to slip on my costume, which only required me to put on boots (sans socks) and a scarf to function as a cape.  I started bellowing the dogs' names from the driveway before I could see them and then added curses when I saw them a couple blocks away. Christian Bale couldn't have cut a more intimidating figure - and I'm referring to his role in American Psycho. To their credit, Jack and Jill knew the jig was up and we all sheepishly returned home.


Jack and Jill in warmer days

This may be coincidence, but the weather has started to warm and Jill is in heat. Jack was already fixed (BTW, since when is cutting off a male's balls "fixing" him?!) before we got her, so there isn't any risk of getting a litter of small poodles. However, the force is still strong in Jack and he follows Jill around like a horny teenager. The humping is amusing at first, until it gets to the point when Jack should show some restraint and self-respect. More disturbing is the spastic pelvic thrusts he makes after he's done with Jill.  I guess he can't help it, but does he have to arch his back so much?

2 comments:

  1. Dogs gotta run. But dead of winter escapees can be a pain. I liked for downtown St. Paul photos as my Dad worked in that iconic building with the big one on top...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very correct, troutbirder. Dogs do gotta run and Battle Creek Park is not far from us. It's just hard to get out in the cold. When I first moved to MN, I lived in an old home that was converted into apartments (since converted back to a single family home, I believe) that was near Dale and Grand and I could see the flashing "1st" sign through one of the windows at night.

    ReplyDelete