Saturday, July 6, 2013

New Year's Resolutions: Quarterly Update



If Paula Abdul sang a song about my second quarter results to my New Year's resolutions, one lyric would be "he took one step forward, and two steps back." However, I remain resolute in my resolutions.  It's a new quarter and a new start to get back on the right path.  Here are the numbers.


  • Post at least 315 pictures for the "365 in 365" project for 2013.  
    • Update:  I'm still behind in posting weekly pictures, but I've done my best to take pictures most days.  Of the 181 pictures needed through June 30, I will have posted about 35 "place holder" pictures, a little better than an 80% average.  If I post 315 "originals" (taken on the date), that's an 85% average. I'm a little behind the pace.
  • Make at least 6 posts per month to my "Novel Ideas" blog
    • Update: After a strong start, I've really fallen down here.  It didn't help I took the month of May off, unintentionally.  I've made 35 posts through June, an average of just under 6 per month.  I guess I'm still on plan, but I really loaded up in the first quarter (7+ per month).  I have plenty to write about now, I just need to find the drive and time to make the posts.
  • Lose 11% of my body weight, roughly 2 pounds per month
    • Update:  In June the scale did read 217 pounds and some change at the lowest level for the quarter.  I did get as high as 222.  On June 30, I weighed 218.5, so I lost half a pound in the quarter.  The target was 213.  Now that the weather was warmed, I should become more active.  There are plenty of projects around the house to keep me moving and burning calories.  Plus, if I want to look good in a bathing suit while on vacation, I need to bare down for a couple weeks.
  • Have +$360 in savings account by year end
    • Update: This is probably the most frustrating of the 2013 goals.  We had a number of unexpected expenses arise and I had to borrow against my savings to pay bills.  To date, I'm $120 off the pace of where I expect to be.  The good news is I earned a quarterly bonus at the end of June, and when that is paid in August, I will be able to get back to plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment