Sunday, September 22, 2013

365 in 365: Images 182 through 188

The week of pictures contained in this post commemorates two special events.  The first in order and importance to me is G-Bug's birthday, the other is the Fourth of July.  I had to go it alone for the Fourth as the Wifey had to work late.  I decided to take in the fireworks at the Riverplace as I had only been there a couple times and not for several years since.  I didn't get a good view because I picked a spot expecting the display to be over the river.  Turns out, I misjudged where over the river and the actual show was to my right and obscured by trees.

The atmosphere prior to the atmosphere was great, as Main Street was packed and there were food trucks and street performers everywhere.  I stopped at one truck to get a burrito, only to get most of the sauce on my nice, white T-shirt.  After the display, leaving the scene was a nightmare and took nearly an hour just to get out of the parking garage.  Still, it was a nice night to celebrate the country's independence.

No. 182:  07-01-13 (placeholder)
Lake Calhoun on a summer day
















No. 183:  07-02-13
Happy Birthday, G-Bug!
She was about 7 months old in this picture.























No. 184:  07-03-2013
Here she is on the day we were able to celebrate with her.


















No.185:  07-04-2013
People were starting to line up on the Stone Arch Bridge
hours in advance of the fireworks.

















No. 186:  07-05-2013 (placeholder)
The mood at Riverplace was electric.



















No. 187:  07-06-2013 (placeholder)
This is the most crowded I have ever seen the Stone Arch Bridge.


















No. 188:  07-07-2013 (placeholder)
After the show at Riverplace, there were others I could see
in the distance while I waited in the parking garage.  Best I could
do was get a picture of Hennepin Ave Bridge lit up.

No comments:

Post a Comment