Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sports, Sports, Sports, Sports

It was a full week of sports for me, in as much I will be updating you on the three sports-related activities I'm involved in.  In related news, the Red Sox secured the AL East pennant for just the 7th time in team history and yesterday the Gophers football team beat San Jose State to go to 4-0 against non-conference teams.  They seem like a good team this year, but the U of M has historically played pathetically within their conference. Here's hoping they buck the trend.

I bowled last week after having one week off to take a business trip to Winnipeg. I'm not yet in bowling condition, but that didn't stop me from getting my own ball.  My nickname among some of my friends and colleagues is "Frank the Tank," and I've taken a step to secure its permanence.



My scores from last week weren't all that great.  Maybe with the new ball, I'll show some improvement.  It's heavier than I'm used to, so it's going to take some time, but I have until April to build up some strength.

September 19, 2013
Game 1
62, 61, S81, X, 71, 81, X, 7/, S62, 6- = 109

Game 2
52, X, 81, 9/, 9-, X, X, X, S72, 53 = 156

Game 3
9-, 8-, 8/, 9/, 9-, 9-, S7-, 71, 9/, 3/8 = 119

Series Total:    384
Series Avg.:     128
Season Avg.:    127
Season Hdcp.:  65


Last Sunday, my Fantasy Football team came thisclose to winning its first game (out of two week played so far).  I was about 25 points shy of my opponent, but had my best receiver playing on Monday night.  I figured if he got 8 catches for 140 yards and a touchdown, that would give me enough points for the win; and this stat line wasn’t out of the realm of possibility for him.  He ended up with 6 catches for 41 yards and I fell well short of victory.  On the plus side, this week I play against the only other team at 0-2, so my odds are quite good.  Whether at winning or losing, I’m not sure.



In the football pool, I picked 8 of 16 games correctly.  I’m now in 7th place of 12 players and 8 points away from first place.  The fact I’m having a slow start on all my seasons is an understatement.



No comments:

Post a Comment